Why am I being told my transaction is “not allowed”?
If you’ve received an alert to say that a transaction has not been allowed, this is because goHenry blocks transactions from retailers who are classified as selling goods or services intended for adults only (i.e. items for people over the age of 18).
When you make a transaction, we check how the retailer classifies themselves.
If they have chosen to be listed as one of the business types below, goHenry will decline the transaction and send a notification to both parent and child instantly letting them know it has been declined.
The retailer classifications we block are:
- Direct Marketing (Outbound Teleservices)
- Direct Marketing (Inbound Teleservices)
- Dating and Escort Services
- Massage Parlors
- Liquor Stores
- Cigarette & Cigar Stores
- Bars & Nightclubs
- Personal Services (Not otherwise classified)
- Government Owned Lotteries
- Government Licensed Online Casinos (online gambling)
- Government Licensed Horse/Dog Racing
- Horse Racing, Dog Racing, & Non-Sport Internet Gaming
- Automobile Rentals